Most motorcycle enthusiasts would agree motorcycles are defined by their engines. When Harley Davidson announced their new engine, only the 9th made in their entire history, the motorcycle world certainly took notice. Owners love Harley’s passion and commitment to their bikes, which makes the new engine debut even more highly anticipated. The new Milwaukee Eight engine certainly lives up to Harley Davidson’s reputation of good quality bikes.
- The new Milwaukee-Eight engine has one camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- There is a new knock sensor that hones timing and accuracy and allows for lower idling speed.
- The engine features a new 55mm throttle body and improved airflow to boost torque.
- Harley reworked the internals of the suspension and added a new hand-adjustable rear strap.
- The engine allows the bike to balance jostling and drifting on back roads.
- They redesigned the cylinder heads and exhaust system to provide better heat control.
- The Milwaukee-Eight will deliver more horsepower and torque, with quicker acceleration.
For more on Harley’s quality specifications, check out an in-depth article here.
There are three versions of the Milwaukee-Eight engine:
- The Milwaukee-Eight 107: This is an air/oil cooled, V-twin feature in the Street Glide, Street Glide Special, Road Glide, Road Glide Special, Electra Glide Ultra Classic and Road King bikes and Freewheeler trikes. This engine produces 114.4 pound-foot of peak torque at 3,250 rpm.
- The Twin-Cooled Milwaukee-Eight 107: This engine is featured in the Ultra Limited, Ultra Limited Low and Road Glide Ultra motorcycles and Tri Glide Ultra trikes, produces 113.6 pound-foot of peak torque at 3,250 rpm and has a V-twin with liquid-cooled cylinder heads.
- The Twin-Cooled Milwaukee-Eight 114: At 124 pound- foot of peak torque at 3,250 rpm, this engine is featured in the CVO Limited and CVO Street Glide touring bikes and has a liquid cooled engine.
To check out more information on the three versions of the Milwaukee-Eight engine, check out this article by Forbes.
Referred to as the “Bentley” of bikes, the new touring bikes come with a premium kit: heated grips, heated seats and touchscreen navigation. It holds a ton of switches and amazing quality speakers. As always, Harley Davidson delivers more power and improved experience for motorcycle drivers. With purer sound and a smoother ride, motorcycle enthusiasts will be singing the always-amazing praises of Harley Davidson. It comes as no surprise these new bikes cost a pretty penny, but as with all Harleys, they are completely worth the sticker tag.
Motorcycle enthusiasts would agree there isn’t any amount they wouldn’t pay for a good quality bike with good quality parts, from a good quality company like Harley Davidson. Look at it this way, if you’re ever in need of a motorcycle title loan for some desperately need cash, using a title from a Milwaukee-Eight Harley as collateral will not only absolutely get you that money, but will also guarantee you pay that loan back. You’ll never want to give up this quality Harley!